software speech for speakup

Shaun Oliver shauno at goanna.net.au
Mon Jun 11 06:12:07 EDT 2001

I think I'd have to agree with both kirk and kerry on this 1.
While I enjoy the processing power of my pentium 200, I still feel as if a
processor that is at least 4-5 times faster if thatfor audio work. but, if
linux had a half decent audio multitracking program I'd probably not have
need for a pentium 3 or faster.
but having said that, I suggest that you go back to school and redo your
calculations. my pentium 200 is considerably faster than my 486 but not
that fast.
and as for software speech, the load that a decent software synth places
on a cpu ain't worth the clock cycles as far as I'm concerned. not on a
desk top anyway.

Shaun..
"We realise we have a problem with communication. However, we're not going
to discuss it with our staff."
EMAIL: shauno at goanna.net.au ICQ: 76958435
YAHOO ID: blindman01_2000 IRC NICK/SERVER: |3|1ndm4n on #aussiefriends on
www.jong.com:6667