I'm writing a FAQ.

Ann Parsons akp at eznet.net
Fri Jun 1 12:14:10 EDT 2001

Hi all,

Some or all of you may know me.  I'm Ann Parsons.  Kirk has asked me
to write a FAQ about Speakup.  I need your help.

First, I would like you to send me any additional questions you think
might be relevant.  You could post them to the list, but it might clog
things up, dunnow.

Second, I need answers to the questions below and to the questions you
propose for the FAQ.  Again, post to me personally or  to me and to
the list.

I would like to see this FAQ contain twenty-five questions, max!  Any
more than that, and people's eyes will glaze over.    If I get more
than twenty-five questions, I'll see if any can be dropped, or if they
can be consolidated.  I'm striving for a smooth, readable FAQ, not too
technical, but technical enough to get someone started on using
Speakup.

Ann P.

			     SPEAKUP FAQ

q.  what is Speakup?

q.  Who invented Speakup?

q.  When was it first released?

q.  Why should I use Speakup?

q.  Where do I get speakup?

q.  What kind of computer equipment do I need to run Speakup?

q.  What speech synthesizers are supported by Speakup.

q.  Can I use software speech with Speakup?

q.  Will Speakup work on a Windows system?

q.  What is the best version of Linux for a blind person?

q.  I have heard about Emacspeak.  How does Speakup differ and which
    is better, or do I need both?

q.  How do I install Speakup?

--
			Ann K. Parsons