Speakup not speaking first letter, usually after hitting enter

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Tue Jul 31 07:50:28 EDT 2001

Hi,

I've implemented the fix myself. I haven't had the problem with
dropped first characters really, I've had a different one or two,
neither of which is terribly earth-shattering. My synth is a new
incarnation of the Doubletalk LT (apparently, says the docs and says
Randy, they've redesigned the LT with a new RC8650 chipset with spiffy
new features...) Anyway, it doesn't drop first characters, but on
occasion, it will pause significantly between the first word of a
string of speech and the res of the speech. While I can't re-create
this at will, it seems to happen when the computer hasn't spoken for a
while and then gets some text. Since the change, I haven't been able
to make it do this--so one would assume that the problem has gone
away. I have also not heard the voicing of control characters that I
occasionally hear since the change. Klooge. Fix. Whatever. However, it
has not (as some suspected it would no) fixed the occasional, highly
intermittent, and un-re-creatable problem of occasional Doubletalk
stuttering. I don't think, anyway. In any case, there it is, for what
it's worth...
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | History is made by stupid people.
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Clever people wouldn't even try.