Speakup not speaking first letter, usually after hitting enter

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Jul 31 07:23:01 EDT 2001

Hi Folks:  We have come up with a fix for this problem as Tom has
mentioned.  The fix will go into cvs as soon as I figure out a problem
we're having with cvs all of a sudden.

I should say that the actual fix is not the recommended line insertion
as outlined by Tom.

The 2.4.xx kernels appear to be so much faster than the 2.2.x kernels
that many synths in particular serial synths cannot flush their buffer
fast enough and the next character coming along gets lost because the
synth isn't finished throwing things away.  Anyone with an internal
synth won't have the problem.

We would like reports of people having this problem on 2.4.x kernels
so we can put the fix in cvs for those synths.  Oh yeah, we want to
know what synth you are experiencing the problem with as well. 'grin'

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061