virtual consoles

Frank Carmickle frankiec at braille.uwo.ca
Sun Jul 22 00:11:51 EDT 2001

Hi Greg

I don't actually think there is a limit on the number of consoles one
can use.  If you want to get more then 12 you have to setup your keymap
and inittab.  There is one more step involved but it escapes me right
now.  The issue is that each of the gettys takes up a bit of memory.  Your
probably better off running screen once you get above 12 anyway.

--
     Frank Carmickle
phone:     412 761-9568
email:     frankiec at dryrose.com