A little list etiquette:

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Tue Jul 17 10:09:27 EDT 2001

Over the past little while there have been a number of messages sent to
the list with the subject line of "Test", or "Testing" or some variation
of the like.  In my opinion, and I stress that is my opinion, that this
not what a list is meant for.  Lists are for the sharing of information
and not the testing of your mail server and/or client.

I suggest that if you are testing to see that all is set up correctly on
your Linux box, then set up another user on your Linux machine, and send
a test message to it.  If you are sending out a message to see if the
list is alive or not, because you have not received a message from it in
the last 10 minutes, then please don't.  Remember, if you are a member
of a list, when the list server receives a message, you will be sent
that message.

Finally, I am sure that if there is a problem with the list, the
administrator of the list will let the members know of the problem once
it is fixed.

Steve Dawes
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527.
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  stephen.dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca