net card drivers/possible conflict.

Gregory Nowak romualt at megsinet.net
Tue Jul 10 17:03:18 EDT 2001

Hi Kirk and all,

Well, there's not really much to tell.  Basically, anything that I plugged into the USB port that I had support for built-in, didn't work and dmesg said that it was disableing that USB port and that maybe the USB cable was bad.  This was with kernel 2.4.5 with speakup cvs and a doubletalk PC or a BNS on ttyS0.  Since I don't have a cvs compiled kernel  on hand now, I can't give the exact messages.  Thinking that this maybe something with the 2.4.5 kernel to which I upgraded along with cvs both at once, I compiled 2.4.4 with cvs, and got the same results.  Then, I compiled 2.4.5 with speakup 0.10a, and the before mentioned nic and USB problems went away.
Greg