OFF TOPIC - LINUX NETWORKING

mo.valli at bt.com mo.valli at bt.com
Mon Jul 9 09:14:22 EDT 2001

Hi,

Can someone please help?

Basically, I have three PCs, one with WinMe and two with slakware Linux
7.21. Now, I am able to network either one of the Linux PCs with the WinMe
PC using a crossover Ethernet cable, but I am unable to network the two
Linux PCs together. ping works with the WinMe and Linux networking
combination in either direction, but not with the two Linux PC combination
network. Further more, when I check the Ethernet ports after issuing the
ping command, the TX bytes field shows 0. and this is the same on both Linux
PCS.

Kind regards

Mo.