suggested changes to 1.4.1

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Sat Jul 7 18:38:42 EDT 2001

Hi Ari -
I am a very new user of ari-yahoo and I feel that others might have better
suggestions than I, so I am taking the liberty of sharing your reply with
the 'speakup' mailing list where I know a number of your users reside. I
know they will not hesitate to pass along their own ideas.

One suggestion that might be very simple to implement is to add a bell
character to each received message as it is displayed. Many users leave
your program running on a virtual console while attending to tasks
elsewhere, and the audible bell character is no respecter of consoles - it
summons you from wherever you are when someone sends a message. If such a
feature would annoy other users, perhaps an on-off switch of some sort
could enable/disable it.

Thanks for your warm response. I will watch for the revision.

Regards - Chuck

 On Sat, 7 Jul
2001, Ari Johnson wrote:

> You don't know how happy I am to hear that someone has the level of
> appreciation for Ari's Yahoo Client as you do.  I'm sitting here amazed
> that I've created something that actually helps people.  Thank you.
>
> Regarding your changes, I'll look them over and try to put a version 1.4.2
> on freshmeat.net within a week, or less.  Be sure to check the
> documentation files when you get it to make certain I remember to include
> your name.
>
> Also, is there anything else that you would want changed about the
> program?  I'd be more than happy to do anything to further facilitate the
> usability of ari-yahoo by blind or otherwise visually-impaired
> users.  Thanks for your input.
>  -- Ari (pronounced like 'awry', not 'airy', since I have yet to see a
> text-to-speech synthesizer get it right)

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh
Yahoo Messenger ID: hallenbeck2002
Q:  Do you know what the death rate around here is?
A:  One per person.