Zipspeak Site Unavailable

Saqib Shaikh ss at saqibshaikh.com
Thu Jul 5 13:59:22 EDT 2001

As of the first of july I, Saqib Shaikh, am the new maintainer of ZipSpeak.
Unfortunately I haven't got very far. This is because since the first,
Sunday, the Slackware site has been inaccessible. The maximum number of
users allowed to log on is 500, and every time I visit, any time of the day,
it says that 500 people are already logged on. The UK mirrors, or even the
German/Danish/any other country mirrors aren't up to date, presumabley
because the mirrorbots can't log onto the site either. Once the rush for
Slackware 8.0 has died down I will be downloading ZipSlack 8.0 and soon
after that be releasing ZipSpeak 8.0. If anyone has the slackware CDs and
would like to post them to me I'd be greatful. Janena, when is the
conference at which you wish to ddemonstrate ZipSpeak? Finally, In ZipSpeak
8.0 I would like to have Emacspeak and Speakup both present, as I feel the
combination is better than just one. Any ideas?
Will post more info when available.
Saqib