E-mail - clients & transporters

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-777-8123 wacker at octothorp.org
Sun Jan 28 23:06:53 EST 2001

Hi, Gena,

     Uklinux.net has a server at 212.1.130.10 called pop and imap, as well
as ns1, I think.  I was able to get it to respond on port 110 which is for
pop3.  It didn't seem to be listening on 143, the IMAP port.  I think that
fetchmail/sendmail is the best combo for handling incoming mail, but all
you have to do to get pine to retrieve mail directly is to find the line
for inbox-path in the pine configuration.  Hit c and say:
{pop.uklinux.net/user=gena}inbox Then, restart Pine.  You'll be prompted
for your password that you use with your ISP.  In the event that this
doesn't work, it likely means that despite what they say, your ISP doesn't
support IMAP.  Go back into your Pine configuration and change the line to
read: {pop.uklinux.net/pop3/user=gena}inbox

          HTH.
          Bill in Denver