Speakup 0.10 parms

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Sun Jan 28 17:19:27 EST 2001

Hi,

	re recompiling the kernel / changing/adding modules:

Can you compile an individual module and link/load it into the kernel without recompiling the kernel?

	For example, if you have a custom kernel compiled with networking enabled, and  a module for one ethernet card compiled and working, can you compile a module for a different ethernet card and link it to the kernel? You'd have to add it into the /etc/modutils/aliases file I guess (and run update-modules). But would it be necessary to recompile the kernel?

Thanks in advance for any insight...
	--terry