list guidelines

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Jan 27 02:06:43 EST 2001

Hi:

Setting the charset to iso-8859-1 will kill off most of the charset
wornings.  Occasionally you'll see messages written in the windows-1212
charset (or something like that) which you'll just have to put up with, but
it's not very common up here (wonder why).

As for terminals, I presume you mean from windows to linux over a LAN or
something.  I've found hyperterminal private edition (from
www.hilgraeve.com) to work pretty well most of the time, with a few
anomolies (like it wants to be the first AP opened after a reboot).  I've
used it with JFW and it uses the same scripts the built-in hyperterminal
uses.  Your mileage may vary with other screen readers.

Geoff.