list guidelines

Kirk Wood cpt.kirk at 1tree.net
Fri Jan 26 12:47:07 EST 2001

> ok... do you all mind using the default char set? i hate reading that message about invalid char set - some chars may be displayed
> incorrectly. i use pine. it's sorta a bug. ...

Actually it is NOT a bug. Unlike some programs that give you no notice
that you may not get all characters correct, Pine notifies you. It is done
on purpose. Now it might be nice to be able to disable this, but since it
was designed in, it is not a bug. Something you may wish to do though is
change your default character set. This is found in Setup, then Config. It
is pretty far down the list and is character-set. It appears after all the
sort settings. I would recoment you set it to iso-8859-1. This should
eliminate most of the messages. (I almost never see the message.)

=======
Kirk Wood
Cpt.Kirk at 1tree.net

Cluelessness
	There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of
	inquisitive idiots