speakup and sofware speech maybe a sollution

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sat Jan 27 02:22:33 EST 2001

Hi:

You're going to hit the same problems you hit before with this.  No ability
to shut the thing up and so-forth.  The only way you can use another
computer as a speech synthesiser is to run a program on that computer that
makes it emulate a known speech synthesiser and passes the speech data on
to the actual synth in the way that that particular synth requires.  Even
though I use this sort of setup, I would say that organising such a synth
emulator would be a lot of effort for little gain.  Most people in your
situation would, I dare say, just make do with a terminal package on the
other PC rather than try and do what you're trying to do.  I had to do this
for about 10 months before I could use speakup, so I know it can be done.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang10 at scu.edu.au>
ICQ number 43634701