Patch Problems

William T. Stianche wstianch at orca.st.usm.edu
Fri Jan 19 16:06:08 EST 2001

I am trying to install the Speakup patch on a Defualt install RedHat 7.0
Machine and when I run ./install it gives me

Patching version v20
Creating .orig files [cat:
/usr/src/linux/drivers/char/speakup/patchlist-v20: No such file or
directory
] done.
Patching files [p./install: ${writeloc//^/\/}: bad substitution
] done.
Copying files [c./install: ${writeloc//^/\/}: bad substitution
] done.

If I run make config the option to compile in Speakup is never presented.
I have tried untarring the software at both /usr/src and
/usr/src/linux-2.2.16 and the same thing happens.  I am somewhat an
experienced linux user but I have not done much kernel patching. I could
really use any assistance as soon as possible because I am trying to set
this machine up for someone.

Thank you
William Stianche