setting rate with doubletalk lt

Chris Nestrud ccn at uark.edu
Wed Jan 17 23:45:02 EST 2001

Hmm. I deleted the 2.4.0 directory and untared, then installed speakup
from speakup-0.10a.tar. First I selected the ltlk driver and compiled my
kernel, restarted, and the problems I have described were still there. I
then went do that kernel dir, did a 'make clean ;make mrproper', replaced
the config file and removed speakup's section, then ran 'make oldconfig'
and compiled a bzImage, this time for the braille 'n speak. I replaced the
ltlk image with this new one, leaving my older 2.4.0 modules (from the
previous compile) intact. Now, those problems are gone, when using the
bns. Rate, volume, pitch, etc. change correctly, and all characters of all
lines are being spoken.

Chris