microsolutions backpack parallell cd writer ide or scsi and if ide how do I install modules?

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Sat Jan 13 12:50:13 EST 2001

Yes it is an atapi device. You firstly need to
load the parport stuff and make sure it picks up the
parallel port *including an IRQ) so this
may require you to pass options to parport_pc

If the conf.modules is correct modprobe bpck worked for me.
You want to load the pg module (parport generic) and I think
you also need ide/atapi SCSI emulation compiled in and scsi generic
support and scsi support in the kernel then
cdrdao and cdrecord talk to the drive as a generic
scsi device.

I had the following line in my conf.modules to facilitate interrupt
driven mode on parport 0 at 0X378 irq 7:
options parport_pc io=0x378 irq=7

Regards, Kerry.