Lilo geo_comp_addr Error with 2.4.0

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Tue Jan 9 12:11:22 EST 2001

If you have a new enough version of lilo set lba32
in the global section to allow the bios to talk to cylinders above >1024.
Lilo needs the bios to load the kernel so most people create a 10-20meg /boot
partition <1024 to hold lilo boot maps and kernel images.

If your bios supports the phoenix int13 extentions (most do) then setting lba32
in the global section should make lilo work.

Regards, Kerry.