Dynamic IP Address

Stephen Dawes sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Tue Jan 9 10:30:05 EST 2001

I am a user of yi.org, it to is a dynamic addressing site.
To update my IP address when ever it changes, I use a provided script, that
I downloaded from YI.

I have also written a script that checks to see if my IP address has
changed, if it has, then it calls the script to update my DNS IP.

The problem with YI is that they are currently NOT taken new users.

Another dynamic provider to check out is:
www.dhs.org
I think, or it may be .com.

Good luck.

Oh yeah, the job to check to see if my IP address has changed or not, is
located in the cron.hourly directory, so that it runs automatically.

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527. FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  sdawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca