Speakup Failure in 2.4.0 Upgrade

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Mon Jan 8 13:29:28 EST 2001

Hi, Kirk and Company:

I tried to upgrade to 2.4.0 with LiteTalk on ttyS0. I had the following
problems:

1.) Since I have something up with cvs on this particular box, I used the
install script in the Speakup 0.10 package -- the one that ends up in
/usr/src/speakup... This gave me the error that 1 of 3 hunks failed, with
output sent to  Makefile.rej.This file is attached;

2.)	For the heck of it I went ahead with dep and make bzImage. The
tail of cc.out, which is also attached, shows the resulting Speakup
compile failure.

Is it me? The script? Or should I bang on my cvs so I can go via the
checkout script?

PS: I tried to send this message via my portable computer but was
summarily bounced by bumpy. Grrr. Just because I went via a different smtp
host? Here's that output:
 The original message was received at Mon, 8 Jan
2001 17:39:20 GMT from w088.z208036108.was-dc.dsl.cnc.net [208.36.108.88]

<speakup at braille.uwo.ca>

553 <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>... unauthorized relay traffic prohibited
554 <speakup at braille.uwo.ca>... Service unavailable