New synth

Ari Moisio armoi at sci.fi
Fri Jan 5 14:18:49 EST 2001

Hi!

  I have finnis synth i'll like to use with Speakup, but it requires own
driver. I looked around other drivers but wasn't able to decide where to
begin to hack a new one.

  Here are some technical details about the box:

  Serial 9600, 8n1, xon/xoff handshake. Powered via serial port.

  Very limited command set: two character sequences like higher pitch,
(\033 &), lower pitch (\033 %) etc. Period or question mark will talk
buffer contents. Unix will respond with xoff when talking and xon when
ready.

  Some punctuation - at least period and question mark - should be
spelled before sendin them to synth.

  So my question is what would be the best synth driver to start
tweaking?

--
Mr. Ari Moisio, Niittykatu 7, 41160 Tikkakoski, +358-40-5055239
ari.moisio at iki.fi http://www.iki.fi/arimo PGP-keyID: 0x3FAF0F05