Hi Shawn -Re: using lynx.

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Feb 28 08:18:20 EST 2001

No. There are two ways to do it. The preferred method is to just fire it
up and type 'o' to bring up the 'options' menu, make your changes there,
and be sure to save the new configuration before leaving that menu. That
is not easy, but lots of folks manage to do it (eventually!). The second
method is to use a text editor to manually edit the default configuration
file, or borrow a starter file from a friend. As I said, the two most
important variables to change are "cursor tracking" and "numbering the
links", and once those two are done, the rest is easy. There are lost of
other things you might want to configure from the 'options' menu, such as
level of expertise, email address, favorite editor, activating vi or emacs
style key layouts, but they all become very easy to do once you have your
cursor under control and the links numbered.

Chuck

My web site is http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh