installing debian

Saqib Shaikh sshaik at essex.ac.uk
Fri Feb 16 21:22:59 EST 2001

ok doug, you should have:
c:\debian\base2_2.tgz
c:\debian\drivers.tgz
c:\debian\install.bat
c:\debian\linux
c:\debian\images-1.44\root.bin
c:\debian\images-1.44\rescue.bin
c:\debian\dosutils\loadlin.exe

ok, there are two things to note:
1.  the linux file is in the kernels directory on the ftp site, copy the
appropriate kernel, eg linux-apollo or whatever and rename it to linux and
put it in the debian directory.
2.  within the images-1.44 directory on the ftp site there are files like
resc1440-apollo.bin which must be renamed rescue.bin
hope this helps, and please contact me if you need help, and tell me what
debian is like when you've installed it! <grin>
best regards, saqib
Please visit my home page at:
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~sshaik