off topic but urgent

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.eu.org
Fri Feb 16 02:06:18 EST 2001

Think about it.
USB ports take up less backplate space than a serial port. In the space you usually
stick 1 9-pin serial port, you squeeze 2 or 4 usb ports with one
bus accepting up to 128 hot swappable devices.
Top speed for the USB is 12 megabits per second, so you don't have the latency
associated with modems if they are usb.
If speakup ever becomes modularized and Kirk gets given a USB tripple talk who knows
what can happen?
Nothing motivates you more to write a driver if somebody gives you the hardware :-)
My transport speech server for emacspeak proves that :-)