/proc/speakup

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Feb 15 01:58:16 EST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, Tyler Spivey wrote:

> /proc/speakup was a bad idea. because: 1. if a hacker gained root, you
> couldn't turn off the net or something without speech. (if someone shut
> it off)

Yeah I could, pull the plug out.  That'd stop 'em.

> i think a keypad configuration system would be in order. use one of the

This is no good, you couldn't configure your system to automatically load
your desired settings (refer to today's earlier posts).  Anyway, someone
can easily load in a bogus keymap, which would hurt more than just having
no speech.

> sents. and i'm looking for someone that can give me free synths, (i
> almost had one, but the guy got really mad and ignores me).

I'll have it.

Geoff.