comport problem

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Feb 12 02:32:49 EST 2001

Hi:

This is a common problem.  For some reason your comm ports aren't being
initiated properly.  There have been recent atttempts to fix this checked
into CVS, for those interested in such things.  A work-around some have
used it to get lilo to spit the prompt out the port and thereby waking it
up.  What I personally do to get around my owo problem is to boot linux,
then shut it down again and then reboot it.   Seems to work, dunno why.
Haven't actually tried the lilo solution, might try that too if the CVS
stuff doesn't fix it.

Geoff.