Problems building Kernel.

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasagacottage.com
Sat Feb 10 12:41:48 EST 2001

Hi,

	The amount of memory is not your problem. I have built kernels on a 486-sx25 with only 4 MB RAM. It was slow, but it worked....

	We'll need more info about the specific errors that you're getting and maybe more info about your configuration to have an idea what's happening.

	--terry

You wrote:

-=> Hello, list. I have a computer here which I have been trying to build a
-=> custom kernel for, and thus far every time I have tried I get all sorts of
-=> errors, and the compilation fails.
-=> I've tried 2.2.18, and 2.4.0, and neither source would compile.
-=> I have 32 MB, and a Linux swop, but I am wondering if that is enough memory
-=> on this machine to successfully build a kernel.
-=> I've built a 2.218 kernel a while back on another machine, and it went
-=> through fine so I an wondering what could be causing the kernel to fail.
-=>
-=>
-=>
-=> Speakup mailing list