Problems building Kernel.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sat Feb 10 18:50:56 EST 2001

Hello, list. I have a computer here which I have been trying to build a
custom kernel for, and thus far every time I have tried I get all sorts of
errors, and the compilation fails.
I've tried 2.2.18, and 2.4.0, and neither source would compile.
I have 32 MB, and a Linux swop, but I am wondering if that is enough memory
on this machine to successfully build a kernel.
I've built a 2.218 kernel a while back on another machine, and it went
through fine so I an wondering what could be causing the kernel to fail.