Instructions for installing Kernels.

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Tue Feb 6 06:54:06 EST 2001

Hello, list. This information goes out to those using Red Hat 6.2 and later.
I have just found a quick and vary easy way to get your new Linux box up and
talking after an install.
I know it works well because I just did it, and it worked like a charm.

Step 1: Install Red Hat to your machine, restart and make sure everything
seams to be working ok, and to see if Lilo boots ok.
Step 2: log in as root, and then insert your Red Hat installation diskette.
Step 3: mount your floppy drive and switch over to the floppy.
Step 4: enter the command
cp vmlinuz /boot
Step 5: Now answer y to the prompt to over right.
Step 6: wait until the floppy stops.
Step 7: enter the command Lilo.
Step 8: after a few seconds enter the command
shutdown -r now.
After a minute your machine should come up talking like a charm.