speakup

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Sun Feb 4 17:27:46 EST 2001

Hello, Tyler. I think you have somewhat of a point about the documentation.
However, since the .10 release Speakups patch install has gotten much much
better than doing it manually.
I will tell you what. What Speakup really needs at this point is a fully
well developed manual. That instructs new users how to get speakup, patch
the kernel, and build a personal Kernel, custumizing Speakup, etc. Once I
get my Red Hat box up and going with my new processer, and a couple of other
things out of the way I will start working on writing a manual  for Speakup.
I think that would help everyone on this list out by directing new users to
that for basic questions, and then if they have questions about the manual
give a more complete answer on list.