linux starters manual

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Thu Feb 1 08:07:53 EST 2001

Hi:

When I started, I began with a thing called 'linux installation and getting
started'.  I had problems with seeing the command examples on one version,
as they were graphical examples, and the other one which had it in plain
text was older.  If you track this one down, I'd disregard the installation
stuff or at least be aware that some of it might have changed quite a bit
since it was written.  I know debian has a great installation manual which
I recommend to any prospective debian users, and other distros might have
similar docs, but a book like getting started is good for the novice who
wants a good overview and some tips for actually using the jolly thing.

Geoff.