speakup 1.0 and slackware 8.0

Thomas Ward tward at bright.net
Mon Dec 31 16:18:36 EST 2001

Nope. X won't hold anyones hands. You have to learn Linux from the ground
up.
You should know both the shell and x to really get a feel for the os and
it's abilities. For us at this point we make do with the shell, but the day
will come when we can use x for word processing and such, and shell for
other things.