pentium 100 woes.

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Thu Dec 27 08:51:18 EST 2001

Sure can't hurt to try the LBA support but I doubt it is really necessary
for the 2 gig drive. When it fails do you get any funky errors? I have one
machine (old 486/66) which keeps giving me loss of interrupt messages with
a 2 gig drive on the second IDE controler. When I put it on my primary
controler, the machine just hangs and I don't even get a lilo boot prompt
or any of that. LBA did not help that situation. I ended up having to
stick to 2.2.19 kernel on that box to get around the loss of interrupt
problems. For some strange reason, I could never get a 2.4 kernel to run
on that box.