zipspeak 7.1 problem

Jason Symes jsymes at netins.net
Thu Dec 27 00:15:52 EST 2001

Hi list.
I need some help with ZipSpeak 7.1. When I boot into dos, activate
zipspeak, and zipspeak begins going threw its checks of the hardware,
everything seems to go fine until it reaches my Smart and Friendly 2x2x24x
ide cdr-w burner. Speakup announces it, then it falls silent. I tried
typing "speakupconfig" to change my doubletalk lt's voice rate, but nothing
happened, and my pc just sat there doing nothing. I had to power down and
power back up to get into windows to email you guys. Any ideas on how to
fix this problem?
Thanks, and happy new year!

Jason Symes