alsa 0.90 beta 9

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Tue Dec 25 22:42:50 EST 2001

Hi all,

I just decided to upgrade to the newest alsa. Every thing went ok, but I'm somewhat taken it back with the asound.state file.
I have never used the amixer program in the passed, as I preferred to edit asound.conf by hand.
However, this time the format of asound.state looks to me as if it were Chineese or Greek (neither of which I speak (grin)).
To compound this, there seems to be no man page for asound.state.

I was wondering if there may be something more intuative and manageable out there then amixer, or if someone would be kind enough to send me a reasonabley configured asound.state for an sblive (emu10k1)?
Thanks for any comments/files in advance.
Greg