aha152x scsi board problems

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Mon Dec 24 23:53:24 EST 2001

If the network cards were PCI you have to assign an irq to legacy
ISA in the system CMOS. There is no other way because PCI irqs are allocated
by system bios and once an irq is assigned to PCI it can not be used by an
ISA device.
If the card is an aha1510 i.e. no bios 1 set of jumpers and external centronix connector it has a set
of jumpers on the right-hand side of the board, near the slot connector. With the centronics to the back the jumpers are:

irq 9 10 11 12 15 and the jumper at the back is the i/o port. closed 0x340 open 0x140.
If your card is an aha152x it has a bios and there are jumpers to set taht as well.
the 3 long thing sip-like packages on the board in the slots are the termination resistors.
Terminate if you have only internal devices or external devices, and do not terminate
if you have both.

Regards, Kerry.

Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au