two steps forward one step back

Kerry Hoath kerry at gotss.net
Tue Dec 11 13:54:08 EST 2001

Openbook requires win9x and it helps to have a Windows screen reader
which I seem to recall chuck not having. Openbook is also expensive.
Although openbook is an excellent product as is kw1000 I found it was possible
to run Textbridge or omnipage pro and they were far cheaper.
There is Linux OCR however; OCRSHOP and it works at the console it uses
fine-engine I believe for OCR.
Bart Bunting is using it I seem to recall.

Regards, Kerry.

--
Kerry Hoath:  kerry at gotss.net kerry at gotss.eu.org or  kerry at gotss.spice.net.au