Want an Optocan?

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Dec 6 12:06:04 EST 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ruth.Loebl at rnib.org.uk

Some may remember that back in February I found out about a stash of fifteen
old Optacons in a cupboard, and tried to encourage the cupboard owner (RNIB
Vocational College) to make them available to people who might use them. Due
to the time the Optacons had spent out of action, it was likely that they
would need servicing, new batteries etc, so Dave Godfrey of Blazie offered
to buy them, do the servicing and then sell them on together with a warranty
etc. This offer does not seem to be acceptable to RNIB Vocational College,
and they may now be negotiating with another potential retailer, who may be
a member of this list. All I'm trying to do is get this stuff out of the
cupboard, and I'm embarrassed that RNIB seems to be hanging onto kit for
nearly a year which could be genuinely to a number of people. So I'm letting
you know the situation, and if anyone on the list would like to apply
pressure I could probably be persuaded privately to give you some phone
numbers.

Best wishes
---
Ruth Loebl
Senior ICT Development Officer

RNIB Technology in Learning and Employment
c/o Exhall Grange
Wheelwright Lane
Ash Green
Coventry CV7 9HP
Tel: +44 (0)24-7636 9551
Fax: +44 (0)24-7636 9501
Email: Ruth.Loebl at RNIB.org.uk
Web: http://www.rnib.org.uk/technology/

-

confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the
intended recipient you are hereby notified that you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email's content. If
immediately and then delete the email and any attachments from your
system.

RNIB has made strenuous efforts to ensure that emails and any
attachments generated by its staff are free from viruses. However, it
cannot accept any responsibility for any viruses which are
transmitted. We therefore recommend you scan all attachments.

represent those of RNIB.

RNIB Registered Charity Number: 226227

Website: http://www.rnib.org.uk

  - - -
To unsubscribe from this list send a message with subject or body
'unsubscribe' to bcab-request at cs.man.ac.uk

The BCAB website is at http://www.bcab.org.uk/