transfering linux system to another hard drive

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Wed Dec 5 09:40:07 EST 2001

Well, dd will do this for free under linux.

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Thomas Ward wrote:

> There is a great program out there called Image cast 4.5 that will do just
> this sort of thing. It isn't free, but I love it.
> Image cast does have a dos client which  you can make a batch file for which
> will do the following:
> A. Image all your files, and if you want image [partitions as well.  B.
> converts it to a file which you send to another computer on your network or
> another hard drive in your computer. C. I use a batch file which then
> extracts the image onto the new hard drive, and it is easy as that.
> If you are interrested email me off list and I'll see if I can help you get
> up and running with IC 4.5, and get your drives imaged.
> You can email me at:
> tward at bright.net

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp