a couple mail admin questions

Gregory Nowak gnowak1 at uic.edu
Sun Dec 2 21:36:38 EST 2001

Hi allll,

I've got a couple of mail admin questions.
1. I would like to be able to have a mail box for a user (say Greg).
I would like Greg to send his mail via smtp, and get it via pop3 or imap.
However, I would not like Greg to be able to login in to the system itself .
How would I accomplish this?
I'm assuming I'd need to add Greg to /etc/passwd, but
I'm not sure exactly what should go in there.

2. I would like to put a quota on Greg's mailbox (/var/mail/greg).
Is this done with the regular Linux quota system, or does sendmail have its own quota control?

Thanks for any help in advance.
Greg