Hewlet Packard and Linux

Dawes, Stephen Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca
Wed Aug 29 10:04:30 EDT 2001

The big difference is:
Win4Lin allows you to run Windows applications under Linux, 1 at a time.
VmWare, creates a virtual machine, to which you install the operating
system of your choice, including additional versions of the base
operating system.  So, you could have VmWare installed under Linux, and
then additionally, have Linux installed under VmWare.  VmWare allows you
to have as many Virtual machines as you want, configured the way you
want, as long as you have the resources to handle the demand.

Stephen Dawes B.A. B.Sc.
Web Business Office, The City of Calgary
PHONE:  (403) 268-5527.
FAX: (403) 268-6423
E-MAIL ADDRESS:  Stephen.Dawes at gov.calgary.ab.ca