A question from a newbie...

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Tue Aug 28 12:19:55 EDT 2001

Hi Gary:  You have to be careful about version numbers with
gnu/linux.  Most distributions have version numbers which most folks
mistake for the version number of the operating system, but that's not
true.  You can get the kernel version number with the uname -a
command.  If you are running 2.2.x kernels then wait a bit before
upgrading.  The 2.4.x kernels are going through some painful changes
just now.

As far as the keynote goes, I have no specs for them and no synth to
test with.  If someone wants to send me the spec I'll write a driver,
but I can't test it.

  Kirk

phone: (519) 661-3061