wanting to download readhat 7.1 or zipslaq

Jim Ruby jruby at charter.net
Mon Aug 27 11:28:01 EDT 2001

Hi,

Every place I found redhat or zipslaq 80 the download is very slow, does anyone know of a fast site to download them from?
I have redhat 7.1 but with out speakup built in, how hard would this be to do.  Guess I'll go over to speakup ftp and look for rh 7.1 boot disks.

I'm looking at rh 7.1 and slaqware 8.0  I have to resize my drive because I have winblows on it and need to keep it there.  I'm wondering what is a nice size to have for the two packages mentioned.  I had an older
version of debian I tried a while back, but unless debian got better I'm not sure I want to try that package again.

I'll be resizing a 12 gb hd and it will be on a dell inspiron 7500 lap top with a p3 500 with 256 of memory.  If anyone is reading on a dell notebook I'd love to hear your experiences.

Thanks for any advise.