Hewlet Packard and Linux

Charles Crawford ccrawford at acb.org
Fri Aug 24 21:33:46 EDT 2001

Liz,

         I think you are wise to get ahead of the game by doing the stuff
Linux can do without the heartaches of configure configure configure.  If
Linux is to make the mainstream or at least a brook, then it has to work
for the average person without too much of the configuring issues.  I know,
its kind of plug and play, but why not have our cake and eat it too?  We
get the ease of setup and the power of Linux.  What's not to like?  Smile.

         My bigger concern is the Xwindows problem of a repeat of what
Windows did to DOS.

-- Charlie.