Hello to everyone

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Fri Aug 24 10:47:50 EDT 2001

Of course we have such facility in linux. For me, I use ncftp. But there
are others.

Do not fear. Linux is no dessert.

On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Peter M. Konka wrote:

> There are other programns that anyone can download for free.
>
> What these programs do is if your pdial up connection has been
> disconnected, it will resume the download after the next ttime you reconnect.
>
> I'm not exactly sure if these programs are available for linux.  But for
> windows they are,
>
> Two programs that I know of, and that work very well at pausing and
> resuming file downloads are :
>
> Get Right
>
> and
>
> Download Accellerator
>
> --- Peter Konka
>
> At 06:09 PM 8/23/01 -0400, you wrote:
> >Yeah I know, I was working out the math to get the cat sitter to startup a
> >new download between her visits ha!
> >Wow!  I had figured on about 2 and a half days per CD so hey now! 35 hours
> >per image! ain't all bad!  The only down side to this is if you loose the
> >modem connection and have to start all overagain.  I sure did like the
> >resume feature in zmodem back in the dos days.
> >
> >I'm happy to say that a kind person has been gracious enough to burn some
> >CDs.  Once I have these, in the future, will be glad to pass on the favor
> >to others but don't everybody line-up just yet!
> >
> >Amanda
> >

> >On Thu, 23 Aug 2001, Tommy Moore wrote:
> >
> > > Actually I've downloaded plenty of cd images over my modem. Its not pretty
> > > but if you let it go you can get one in about 35 hours or so.
> > > If you don't watn ot take that way downloading while you sleep is antoehr
> > > good option or download while your at work or a bit of both.
> > > Some people say I'm crazy for doing this but oh well.

				Janina Sajka, Director
				Technology Research and Development
				Governmental Relations Group
				American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)

Chair, Accessibility SIG
Open Electronic Book Forum (OEBF)
http://www.openebook.org

Surpassing Gutenberg, at http://www.afb.org/ebook.asp

http://www.afb.org/mlkweb.asp

Learn how to make accessible software at
http://www.afb.org/accessapp.asp