Hello to everyone

Janina Sajka janina at afb.net
Thu Aug 23 14:54:38 EDT 2001

Amanda:

The way you suggest is certainly one way to do it, but it would bulk up
the download.

Instead, you have to specify your synth at the first prompt--the one and
only prompt that doesn't speak. Here's how it works:

Start the install and listen/feel your drive activity. When it stops type:

text speakup_synth=[your.synth.keyword]

Replace [your.synth.keyword] with the appropriate synthesizer designator:

dtlk for the internal doubletalk
ltlk for the external litetalk and external doubletalk
bns for a blazie device like the braille 'n speak
dectlk for a dectalk express
decext for the external dec talk (not the express)
acntsa for the accent sa
apolo for the apollo (yes, it's mis-spelled)
audptr for the audaptor
spkout for the speak out
txp for the artic transport