sblive speaker configurations

Charles Hallenbeck chuckh at mhonline.net
Wed Aug 22 06:34:01 EDT 2001

That is an interesting setup, Kirk.

My card has five jacks too, and somehow I recall someone mentioning that
the first one was "digital out". I experimented to find the function of
the other four, and have correctly identified 'line in' and 'mike'but
misidentified the other two evidently. I get sound output from them both
from trplayer, mpg123, and the sox 'play' command, but only from the
"front" jack (which I took to be "speakers") when inputting from 'line in'
or CD. Juggling those last two outputs, Front and Rear, they both seem to
have the same audio levels and impedance when they work, but I just cannot
make my Rear speakers work with 'line in' and CD.

I guess the folks in the back seat will just have to lean forward a
little.

I am using version 0.5.10 of alsa and will upgrade as you suggested.

Actually I am relatively happy right now without solving the rear speaker
output problem, since with my amplified speakers on the Front jack I can
keep an ear on recordings I make from CD or a device on the line input.

Chuck

Visit me at http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh