A couple of speakup fixes

Shane Wegner shane at cm.nu
Sun Aug 19 15:10:29 EDT 2001

On Sun, Aug 19, 2001 at 11:33:55AM -0400, Kirk Reiser wrote:
> Thanx Shane:  I'll look these over more closely and probably apply
> them.  The raw keyboard macro was a silly oversight.  I am however
> totally rewriting keyboard.c interaction so things will change there
> again soon.
>
> Applying the first patch may not make is necessary to have loadkeys in
> the speakup case but will still bomb because loadkeys is needed to
> compile the kernel the first time in anycase so I'm not sure we've
> fixed anything or just moved the problem.

I'm not sure I understand this point.  When does loadkeys
get used in the kernel compile stage if you are using the
default keymap file.  defkeymap.c is distributed with the
stock kernel so doesn't need to be generated from
defkeymap.map.

What the patch does fix is the condition I mentioned
earlier.  When the speakup keymap is selected and the user
changes his mind in make menuconfig or whatever.  At this
point, the kernel doesn't know to regenerate defkeymap.c
from the original keymap file.  Using two completely
different keymap sources should solve this but let me know
if I'm wrong.

Regards,
Shane