lookin' good

Buddy Brannan davros at ycardz.com
Sat Aug 18 11:12:34 EDT 2001

A 21-rod abacus?! Hey, now that's cool! Only ones I've ever seen were
of the 13-rod variety. No, I take that back. I've seen a Japanese one
where the beads didn't stay put...faster movement, but not very good
for blind folks...and it was really long! I don't remember how many
rods it had. Also saw a Chinese abacus which I guess was numbered in
hex! (It had two 5's and five 1's...hehe)

I have two standard Cranmer abacuses 9abaci?) around here, both of
which have the odd loose column...maybe I'll replace one of them one
of these days.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV    | From the pines down to the projects,
Email: davros at ycardz.com | Life pushes up through the cracks.